- This weeknote was going to be longer, but I just can't English today.
- I’ve recently had an urge to revisit books that I've enjoyed in the past. So far, I’ve finished Catch-22 and This is How You Lose the Time War. Next up is Cloud Atlas, which I'm hoping to crack open this evening. In anticipation of the release of Nona the Ninth on 13th September, I also plan to pick up Gideon the Ninth and Harrow the Ninth later in the month.
- It's interesting to note which books still touch me deeply on a second read-through and which ones have lost their lustre with time. For example, Catch-22 feels as poignant as ever, but The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy doesn't quite make me feel the way it did when I first read it as a teenager.
- I'm in the process of writing a post describing the effects of digital distractions on my emotional well-being, but I keep having to scrap the entire thing and start from scratch over and over again. Even after three rewrites, I've been unable to get to the heart of what I want to say. Is this what “writing is rewriting” means?
- TypeScript is a hecking good idea.
- MDX, too, is a hecking good idea.
Weeknote 31: Just Can't English Today