- I didn't post a weeknote last Sunday. For the last two weeks, my mental health has been at its lowest point in almost a decade. I'm better today, but some days it gets so bad that I can barely move.
- On my worst day, when I was walking around the house in a kind of brain fog, I couldn't even understand the dialog in one of my favorite TV shows.
- The good news is that I'm finally speaking to a therapist. Yay?
- Needless to say that I haven't been cooking very much, but I did manage to make a great paneer butter masala on one of those rare days when I felt a bit like myself. Cooking continues to be a source of joy, an unlikely outlet for creative energies, and a way to connect with my friends.
- I'm taking a break from the Earthsea books — not because I dislike them, but because I want to step out of that world for a little while. I've started reading Gideon the Ninth, which is sheer insanity. In a good way. I expect to write a lot more about this book in the future.
- I discovered a game called Children of Morta through a Steam sale. It's quite similar to Diablo 2 in terms of gameplay. Since my brain refuses to think straight anymore, this has been a good way for me to forget about the world while mindlessly slashing through skeletons, spiders, goblins, and unnameable blobs.
- I've found that if I really want to have fun, I should really only be playing one game at a time. There just isn't enough time in the day. So, I've decided that I'm not going to move on from Children of Morta until I finish it or get bored.
- RTJ4 dropped, and it's as flawless and magnificent and sublime as I imagined it would be. Please go listen to it. Now.
Week of 8 June, 2020
- Next post: AMA with Gideon the Ninth Author Tamsyn Muir (via Reddit)
- Previous post: Catch-22