- It's been a bad, not good, very terrible week. Anxiety has been through the roof, and many evenings have been spent crying on the couch. At times like these exercise really helps me, except ...
- ... the heat in Bangalore is getting unbearable, making it hard to do any kind of physical activity. The air conditioning has been broken for a while, so I'm keeping myself cool using a dinky little cooler that only works if you sit directly in front of it. How many baths a day are too many?
- Turning off social media felt great for a while, but a few days ago I started feeling an intense isolation from everything that was happening in the world. For now, I've gone back to looking at some social media some of the time. I guess if you've been Very Online for more than half your adult life, simply cutting the wire does more harm than good.
- My mind is reeling from all the new ideas in The Dispossessed. The writing is dry and the characters feel like placeholders, but it's the what if of the whole thing that's keeping me turning the pages.
- I'd forgotten how wholesome Parks and Recreation was, though the presence of Aziz Ansari and Louis C.K. sours the experience a bit.
Week of 4 May, 2020