- Started a new contract on Monday. It's been fun, but I'm spending far too much time dealing with layout issues. I thought we were done fighting with CSS in 2020, but that's clearly not the case.
- Ramda is pretty damn amazing. So is Tailwind. Working with these libraries over the past week has been a total blast.
- Quitting social media and the news has made my anxiety a lot better. It has given my brain the space and energy to think about things beyond COVID-19 and Modi's violent politics. While I'm still reading the news on weekends, I don't plan on engaging with it on weekdays. I believe this arrangement will let me keep my sanity while also staying informed about what's going on in the world.
- Social media is basically cigarettes for your brain. It's as addictive as them, and does as much damage to your brain as cigarettes do to your lungs.
- The new Roomba is making me feel like I'm living in the future. I mean, I can tell him to clean the kitchen from my phone and he just wakes up and does it?!!
- I've been working my way slowly through Amrita Pritam's ਮਿੱਟੀ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਾਤ (Mitti Di Zaat, roughly The Caste of the Soil). My Punjabi vocabulary is tiny so it's tough going, but the language hits me in a place that English can't quite reach.
Week of 27 April, 2020