- Spent a lot of time on calls with potential clients. Happy to report that I can sound very professional even when I'm not wearing pants.
- Started reading Crafting Interpreters. With a lot more Rust under my belt than the last time I tried this, things are going better than I expected. I even managed to add reasonable (by my standards) error handling to my baby interpreter!
- Started posting things on this blog again, trying to keep it fun and low-stakes. I want to have fun writing, and turns out Growing an Audience™ and Using Fully-Formed Sentences™ is the exact opposite of fun.
- Played a lot of Radiant Historia on the 3DS. I'm loving the gameplay and story so far, but the combat needs to get more interesting soon.
- Played a few hours of Into the Breach on the Switch. Holy. Fucking. Shit. This is easily one of the best designed video games I've ever played. I see myself pouring many many hours into this gem!
- We got a new kitten just before pandemic, hoping that she'd become friends with our older cat. Did not go according to plan. It's impossible to leave them in the same room together without one of them trying to murder the other every five minutes. We're keeping them separate for now, hoping for at least an uncomfortable truce.
- The first half of Gandhi: The Years that Changed the World was incredible, but now the book is getting repetitive. It has a lot of detail that I consider unnecessary. I'm somehow powering through the last 200 pages so I can pick up Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea series.
- Some albums I enjoyed this week were: Saint Cloud by Waxahatchee, 2017-2019 by Against All Logic, and Aarupa by Quinton Barnes.
Week of April 6, 2020
- Next post: The Expression Problem
- Previous post: People Sure Have Opinions About Programming Languages