Everyone knows about Satyam, so talking about it here would be pointless. I think whatever happened will be good for the industry in the long run. I have no idea how Satyam has survived for so long, considering how bad their services really are (at least the consumer-facing ones). I also don’t know why Hewitt and Mercer thought Satyam was a good employer. They treat their employees like slaves. Anyway, that’s not the point of this post.
Here’s the BusinessWeek article about Satyam. As with most BusinessWeek articles, this is mostly just repeating what everyone else has been saying for the past 24 hours or so. The rest of it is just filler content. What’s really interesting is the comments section at the end of the article. Take a look yourself.
I’m summarizing the opinions held by the highly intellectual demographic which forms BusinessWeek’s main audience. Here is what people think about India (yay, us!) -
- We are all thieves and liars.
- All of us have an IQ of 81, which means all of us are more or less retarded.
- We brag too much.
- We pee in public.
- We suck because we wash our asses instead of using toilet paper.
- We don’t wash our hands before eating.
- This one is interesting - india is also kashmir. Um, what?
- South Indians should not be trusted because they are ugly and dark-skinned.
- … Indians are really ugly looking with miserable accents.
- Despite all of the above, the whole world likes India and Indians.
Some interesting facts emerge about Americans, Pakistanis and the English (”Britishers”) -
- Americans are thieves and beggars.
- People from America and Europe are ugly because their faces look like a mixture of salt and red pepper.
- Pakistanis are filthy and have an IQ of 70.
- Kashmiris are good but Pakistanis are bad.
- Pakistanis are extremely corrupt people. All of them have inferior stature compared to India. They are all lean and thin. Indians are well fed and strong. This is evident from the fact that India has won 4 wars till date and Insha Allah we will win the next war against Pakistan also.
- All Asian countries are 3rd world garbage dumps. Only Japan is developed because it is controlled by the West. If it was run by Japanese, it would be another 3rd World cesspool.
Every single one of the posters is, of course, a misinformed idiot. The worst thing is that BusinessWeek isn’t really concerned about the quality of content on their website. I have seen more intellectually stimulating content than that at 4Chan.
The power of social media, anyone?